Policy for global development
The coherence policy, or Sweden's policy for global development, deals with cross-border issues that have an international impact.
Swedish development cooperation
Swedish development cooperation is currently undergoing a number of changes. The objective for the cooperation is to help creating conditions that will enable poor people to improve their lives.
Countries and regions
Sweden has a long tradition of pursuing an active foreign policy, with extensive and close cooperation with other countries both in our part of the world and globally. This section presents more information about Sweden's cooperation with other countries.
Organisations and cooperation bodies
This section presents information about a number of different international organisations and cooperation bodies that Sweden supports, takes part in or cooperates with.
Budget and objectives
The objective of international development cooperation is to help create conditions that will enable poor people to improve their lives.
News about aid and development
- Sweden to host international conference on internet freedom
- Minister for International Development Cooperation visits Lebanon and Syrian border
- New Director-General at the Ministry for Foreign Affairs
- Important role of women in development
- Carl Bildt and Gunilla Carlsson at the UN in New York